Blogroll

Search

Library Web Page

August 29, 2006 by

After reading David Lee King’s Blog about what libraries put on their websites, it makes me think what would help our patrons the most.  Today I am just looking at the BSSD Media Center website to see if I have all of these features.
Traditional Content, or “Stuff we Buy”: – We have this within the media tub lists that we provide on the website.  Principals and teachers can download the list of tubs if they would like the list in a paper format.  Some people still seem to prefer a paper copy rather than using the online catalog.
Original Content, or “Stuff Librarians Create” – This would be the links that I provide for Battle of the Books.  I still need to upload my tables for this year.

Attendable Content, or “Things you Attend or Visit” – Battle of the Book dates and when I will be attending different schools.
Collaborative Content, or “Interacting with Patrons” – I need to think more about this.  How can I interact with my patrons more?  I am here to provide help to the teachers so that they can have their workload lessened as they teach class

Library/Librarians as Content, or “Content About the Library” – How people can use the library and contact information about me and Maggie.  I think that might be covered.

The question now is what would be better on my website.  I am going to start mulling this over before I add content willy/nilly

Posted in Collaboration, Professional Outlook | 2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Library Web Page”

1.   Andrew Jefferson Says:

Enormously enlightening cheers, It is my opinion your audience would certainly want a good deal more reviews like that maintain the excellent work.

2.   ovarian cysts Says:

Very educational thank you, I do think your subscribers could quite possibly want significantly more content along these lines carry on the excellent effort.